Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Year Ago Today . . .

Jimmie came HOME after 88 days in the NICU.

A perfect Mother's Day gift.

This is the gift Rachael and Justin gave their Mother's, Grandmother's, Aunt Karen and me today:





Last year Aunt Karen gifted them a photography session with one of KC's most renowned family photographers- Isaac Alongi. Without Aunt Karen's contribution he would have been waaay out of their price range. (-: As it was Rachael said it was a once in a lifetime splurge. It was her Mother's Day gift as well.













Beautiful! We are blessed!

This year since Jimmie came home has had it's ups and downs. It has had lots of tears and lots of joy. We have experienced both discouragement and awe. Most of all we have been blessed, Rachael has been blessed with the big and beautiful spirit of her son. Jimmie is one incredible little boy. Rachael should be very proud to be his mother. Rachael's spirit is one that never gives up, strives for the best, loves and nurtures her little boy with all of her being. She is an incredible Mother and Jimmie should be very proud she is his Momma!

Like mother like son.

I love you Rachael, you inspire me in motherhood!

I'm proud to be the Sister and the Auntie.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

Love,
Amber

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you and Rachelle. These pictures are wonderful. My favorite is the big smile with the puppy!
    Karen
    Edmonton, AB
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Jimmy's smile is amazing!

    Denise and Shannon F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures! Rachael, I even spoke with you yesterday morning, and I completely forgot to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! So sorry! I'm such a goof. =)

    Lots of love,
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, amen! Rachael is an amazing inspiration to all of us....I love you, happy M day :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Amyloo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lives are a tribute to God's great goodness and grace.

    I keep reposting this on my Facebook site for friends to see. Rachael, your strength is amazing. Amber, your love and devotion are inspiring. And Jimmie - he leaves me speechless.

    -Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so adorable.

    April O.

    ReplyDelete