Friday, May 8, 2009

The Last Day

Today was all about preparing to go home! Justin and Rachael received monitor training this morning. I went to the hospital for -hopefully- the last time to visit. This afternoon they hooked Jimmie up to his home monitors and practiced using them. Unfortunately there is not room in Antepartum for them to room in. Rachael was pretty bummed about that. They did Jimmie's carseat test and his hearing test and he passed both. He looks so tiny in his careseat!





Rachael took some pictures of the journey into the NICU she and Justin have made for 87 days now.



These are the awesome valet guys who parked Rachael's car every morning and greeted her with a "Good morning Mrs. Gravitt!"












The sink where you scrub for 3 minutes. So Rachael washed her hands for at least 261 minutes (4 1/2 hours) over the 87 days in the NICU! (Actually it's probably more accurate to double those numbers as she scrubbed in most days twice!)


NP Susan from Antepartum.


Nurse Carolyn.


Say prayers for Justin, Rachael and Jimmie tomorrow as they start their journey home. Odessa is over an hour away. Also start praying for a smooth transition! This is Rachael and Justin's homecoming as well. They have not lived there since shortly after Christmas. Kathy has been working so hard to get everything clean and ready for them.

We are so EXCITED! (-:

Love,
Amber

9 comments:

  1. that is great news!!!! i hope that the journey is smooth and their homecoming is wonderful! tell them to take lots of pictures! and the lack of sleep begins....lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is so very great in splendor! Many prayers have been lifted to HIM for this moment. May the Lord give you all strength for the journey ahead!


    "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil;
    My cup runs over.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    All the days of my life;
    And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever."
    Psalm 23:3-6

    ReplyDelete
  3. "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."
    (Psalm 126:5-6)

    Have fun taking your little sheaf home today. =)

    We love you all!!!
    Adrian and Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for that little trooper today as he leaves that NICU in his dust. I have been following his story for a little over a month and a half now and there isnt a day I dont think of him at least 5 times a day! My husband is a Marine and I find myself so awe struck that at times Jimmy has been stronger then him (I tell him this and he laughs cause he agrees.)!!! I think Jimmy has the Navy Seals in his future. Have a safe trip home Jimmy - we are thinking of you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are in my prayers as a new journey begins! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous weekend for your family. Happy Mother's Day, Rachel and Amber!! Lily and I were at class when Amber got the call you would be coming home. I wanted to cry happy tears!! I pray you will feel an awesome sense of relief as you go home. I also pray things will go as well at home as they have so far for little Jimmie! Don't forget to sleep when he sleeps so you'll get some rest! Congratulations!

    The Salmonds (Sheila and Lily ballet 1)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful, amazing, beautiful, new life! I love the pictures! We are sooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, we're commenting in exclamation points today!)
    -Mary Gates & Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!! Such wonderful news to read!!

    I will never ever forget the day Sophia came home from the NICU and I know Rachael will never forget Jimmie's homecoming either!!

    Way to Go Jimmie!! You Graduated!!

    April and Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic news! I am so thrilled for all of you. Grandma Kathy finally gets to hold her boy. There is nothing like it! I pray that all goes well once he gets home. It will be scary for sure but you can do it. Happy Mothers Day to all of you!!

    Kathy Barnes

    ReplyDelete