Friday, March 13, 2009

2 POUNDS!

Rachael shot this video a week ago.



Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahhh!!! Go Jimmie go! He weighed in today at 931 grams which is 2 pounds and almost 1 ounce. So Aunt Leanne-- he made it! I know you said your prayer group was praying specifically that he would hit 2 pounds this week. Rachael is very happy with the last few days as far as his weight gain is going. So we will not stop praying those "fat prayers".

And today they moved him to the "low flow" nasal cannula. So far he is doing AWESOME. Rachael said it is so much more comfortable for his nose. Lets pray his blood gasses are still good when they check them again in the morning.

About donating blood. Quite a few people have asked me in person and with comments if they can help so let me explain. Jimmie needs O negative blood. Rachael and I are both O- but neither of us can donate for different reasons. Which is annoying. Rachael- because she just gave birth to him and she received a Rhogam shot. Me- annoyingly-- my body fat percentage is too low and I have a tendency to need iron. Oh brother! I know . . . If I could gain 10 or 15 pounds I would!!! This makes me annoyed with me. But oh well . . . It would be really great for Jimmie to have a donor that could keep giving for his needs. We have a good friend that has offered. When you donate specifically for a baby like Jimmie you have to have costly advanced screening on your blood and we've been told 80% of people test positive for a virus that is harmless except to babies like Jimmie. So lets pray if we have to go forward with this that it all works out. Anyway, we appreciate your interest and willingness to help.

Rachael and Justin have a new plan where once a week Justin takes a whole day with Jimmie and Rachael takes a lot of that day away from the NICU. Hopefully this will help Rachael. Thank you for your continued prayers for both Rachael and Justin as they are under such a strain as new parents. It's so hard to be living away from home as well. They left home in January and might not be back until the end of May. 5 months. WOW! They are so thankful for Justin's Aunt Karen and Uncle Kevin. They live about 15 minutes from the hospital and are providing a place for Rachael and Justin to live.

I am so excited tonight about both his weight gain and that he was doing so well today on the low flow! Praise the Lord!

Love,
Amber

7 comments:

  1. Praise God!!! That's wonderful!! Way to go, Jimmie!!

    Our love and prayers are still with you all.

    Adrian and Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoo Jimmie!!!!!

    Awesome week!! Love the video...he's just absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! Thank you, Lord, for answering our prayers and Jimmie making it to 2 pounds!!!! I loved what Aunt Suzy said about Maddy Jo and Jimmie meeting in May! That's a great prayer goal. That will definitely by a happy day!
    Love, Aunt Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to add a couple of things:
    We do have a friend donating blood on Monday for Jimmie in case we need it. Thank you! But I have to say, my hope is that Jimmie will not need a transfusion.
    Also, when I was in the NICU today, another nurse was helping Jimmie's nurse. She peeked her head into Jimmie's woom (room/womb)because his alarm was going off (high oxygen saturation-a good problem to have). She was simply amazed that such a little guy was on the low flow. It just does my heart good! I am so thankful to our Holy Father! Also, our TKM sessions are going quite well and I am convinced that this form of touch therapy is a wonderful tool given from above. I believe that it is one of the answers to prayer for Jimmie's amazing progress.
    Love you, Jimmie Jim Jim, and Rachael and Justin, keep up the good work. Rest and Laugh! Goodness and Mercy are just following us around! (23rd Psalm)I love it!
    with love,
    Ma (Andrea)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Jimmie Go!!!! Great Aunt Suzy and Uncle Lin are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
    Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
    My God, in Him I will trust.”

    Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
    And from the perilous pestilence."
    Psalm 91:1-3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that Jimmie is now above 2 lbs. WooHoo! I pray for him to continue doing so well, gain weight, be able to drink Mommy's milk in small doses, strength, and great care. I pray that Rachael will be able to "get away" from it all and be able to turn it over to Justin. I'm sure it will be very difficult to do, but, she needs to take care of herself also. God Bless your entire family.

    Prayerfully,

    Janet Inman
    COLE'S Prayer Team(www.colesfoundation.com)

    ReplyDelete