Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sisters


Rachael the bride!

Rachael and I are 14 months apart. In a lot of ways we act like twins. Sometimes we have arguments about who's memory is who's. Like-- Rach will say, "no I was the one that did that!" And then I'll swear, "no- it was me!" We shared a room and sometimes even a double bed growing up-- for 23 years-- actually. We danced together throughout our childhood, started a dance teaching business together and danced in a company together.

We share a lot and it’s wonderful. However I realized something recently. We now have both had daughters affected by Cystic Hygroma/Lymphatic Malformation and we have both had sons born prematurely. Unfortunately Rachael’s children have been affected by these things on a much more catastrophic level than my kids. Doctors and a Geneticist have looked at the details surrounding Rachael’s daughter Gracie Anne and her death and my daughter McKenna and they’ve told us it’s not connected. I’m sure we’d get the same answer about our sons. It’s easy to see differences in the details. But the fact remains- the bigger picture, is what it is…

We are both low risk for any complications. We are 28 and 27 years old. No smoking, drinking or drugs. And we are both in good (athletic) shape and have good diets. I don’t think I really have a point to this whole observation. I just thought it was interesting or weird . . I don’t know . . .

In the words of Forrest Gump, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get. “ (-:

In my words- (-: life is hard and I could not cope without a relationship with God. I have seen some pretty heart wrenching and amazing stories blogged on the internet in the last 2 months. Some of which are now linked on this blog. And it’s pretty amazing to see His testimony in these stories. I believe life is about relating. With God and with others. The internet is the most awesome amazing invention for connecting us. I am very thankful for it!

Jimmie update later . . .

Love,
Amber

1 comment:

  1. That video of you holding Jimmy was precious... praying for your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete