Monday, March 9, 2009

Fat Prayers


Jimmie looking like he wants to take his cannula off.


Me visiting Jimmie.

They have weaned Jimmie's flow down to 1 1/2 on the high flow nasal cannula. They said he's becoming less and less dependent on oxygen. This is awesome news. I expect he may get to try the low flow again sometime soon.

They still have not made a decision on the blood transfusion. His numbers have stayed the same. And he's not really symptomatic. However the reason it is still being talked about so much is they think it might help him gain weight. They still feel he is really moving too slowly with his weight gain and maybe his body is working too hard making blood. But his retic. number (has to do with bone marrow) is like at a 3 something and they want it at 5 before they give him a transfusion because a transfusion lowers that number even further. So lets just really keep praying he starts putting on the pounds!

Send a lot of fat prayers Jimmie's way! (-:

Love,
Amber

P.S. If you haven't already- check out the video of Jimmie turning his head in my post below!

5 comments:

  1. Big, fat prayers coming from my family, especially my big fat boy and my (now) big fat preemie!
    With love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. " The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him,
    And delivers them.

    Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good;
    Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" Psalm 34:7-8

    Many prayers for Jimmie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmie is such a beautiful boy! We continue to pray for his strength and the strength of those around him. What a miracle!

    Salmonds (Lily, ballet 1)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your thread at ovusoft today for the first time as a good friend of mine is in the hospital at 28 weeks with PTL so I was browsing the high risk forum (I'm usually in the ttc or loss forum since that's where I am in my journey...). I found the link to your blog here and read most of it. I just wanted to offer my prayers also for Jimmie's ongoing progress, and for your family. He is truly a miracle.

    -Jill (in san diego)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jill! I'm happy that your friend is already at 28 weeks! Hopefully she can get past the 32 week mark. I'll say some prayers for her and for you!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete